Monday, August 24, 2009

Practice, Get Really Good, Then Practice Some More

Having always been an artist for as long as I can remember, I've always done something creative in that same amount of time, however, over the last too many years to say, I have fallen very, very out of practice with drawing and painting, and subsequently my techniques. I don't think I'm a terrible artist, but I don't think I'm the artist I want to be or can be, either. I have lost a lot of the flow and muscle memory that goes with constant work and practice. So, to remedy this, I have decided to go right back to the beginning. I'm doing a lot of practice work to sharpen things up again. Much to my surprise and excitement, I have found a veritable fount of instruction at the Animation Archive and of course JohnK's blog. So far, I am feeling quite good about the whole thing. The drawings aren't coming out perfect, which I knew they wouldn't, but they are better than I'd hoped they'd be, which I'm quite happy about. I've started at the simplest point possible and I'll work my way up, whether I know it already or not. It never hurts to brush up on the ol' skills. I will be posting all of my sketches and practice pages to chart my progress. If you don't care, I suggest not looking. Otherwise, enjoy. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome, but don't be an asshole. That is all.
 Head Construction Practice w/ notes

No comments:

Post a Comment